[SEL] OT...Cold Calls....telephone problems

mullt at att.net mullt at att.net
Wed Dec 14 05:44:00 PST 2005

Peter,

I am in Missouri in the US. For years we have had a law that allowed people to put their names on a "no call list" to keep the telemarketers from calling. Several companies have been fined for violating the law and calling people who do not want to be called. I would start by calling your local elected representative and suggest they try to introduce such a law where you are.

The only other suggestion is to get caller ID on your telephone service. If you don't recognize the caller of the incoming call, don't answer.

Tom in St. Louis
From: "peter ogborne" <jopeter at omninet.net.au>