[SEL] More springs

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Wed Dec 7 03:32:43 PST 2005

> Hi JB. Can you take the form and slice it twice down through it length wise?
> You will end up with 3segments which you can remove the center segment
> collapsing the two outer barrel shaped sides. Just an idea. Jimmy O'>

 Thanks Jim, when making open springs like valve springs I cut a coarse thread on the form to use as a guide when winding, spinning the form in the lathe. I tried freehand but the results showed in the spring, the guide gives uniform spacing. The lateral cuts would make it difficult to hold together and turn in the lathe.
J.B. Castagnos