[SEL] Re: O.T. Mystery Clamps ??

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Dec 6 10:51:45 PST 2005

>Hi the Lists,

         Thanks for the answers to the "mystery clamps" - "sky hooks -
muffler bearing puller - pipe stretchers" etc. Luckily I do not think that
you all come from Montana <grin> but if you believe "boomerangs" were
invented in Africa you may believe anything !!
         Roland Craven replied within an hour with the correct answer (and
today "derek" also gave the correct answer).
         They are floorboard clamps (or cramps depending on which side of
the pond you are speaking from - I always thought that a "cramp" was a pain
in the A***) and are used by attaching to the bearer plank (I think some of
you call them "joists")  and then the floorboard is pressed tight against
the previous one prior to nailing.

Best Regards
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---