[SEl] - Interesting Brake Pad Wear Sensor Technology/Information

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Thu Dec 1 13:51:08 PST 2005

Hell, the sensors do NOT have to be expensive. My MB '79, '84 and '86 had
them on the front pads. They cost about $1.40 each when the time came to
replace the pads. All they did is ground in order to complete the circuit
when the pads needed to be replaced. It's about time that other car
manufacturers came into the 20th century!
         Dave
PS, Next lets talk about the wipers on the headlights. I laughed like hell
when I first bought that MB--but after driving it for one winter I realized
just how good those MB engineers were!