[SEL] John Hammink

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Dec 1 11:50:43 PST 2005

>Hello List,

         I have just returned from a trip and was very shocked and saddened
to hear of John's passing. I never met him personally but we did have a
fair amount of "off list" contact.
         He was always so ready to help with information - a friend
recently restored 3 "M's" and I regularly asked John for information which
was always gladly and promptly given.
         He also often went out of his way to provide me with artwork for
engine logo's and gave me detailed pictures with measurements for the IHC
spec. plates which I now reproduce.
         John was also always ready to praise someone's work and for a
"newbie" like me this was very encouraging.
         Also, as a "newbie" one tends to "rate" list members on their
input and knowledge - John was high in my "Top 10".
         His web pages were excellent and I sincerely hope that they will
remain in place as a tribute to him.
         I do not know his family and also do not know if they read these
lists but my sympathy goes out to them - they (and us) really have lost
someone special.
         R.I.P. John - you will be missed.

Best Regards
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---