[SEL] Portland 2005 pictures

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Aug 30 10:31:34 PDT 2005

Hi John,

I don't remember if there was a fancy primer on top.  The feature that
originally struck me was the funky 3-gear train that drove the ignitor
shaft from the sideshaft.

I had seen the engine at the Coolspring summer show, but never saw it
running.  When I saw it running at Portland I went to get my camera, but
sadly got distracted back in the list area.  (Possibly Dolly practicing a
superfluity of naughtiness?)  Later in the show when I went back to take
pictures it was gone.  8-((

I think Tommy Turner also has one.  It's an amazing engine to watch.
There can't be but a couple of them out there.

See ya,  Arnie