[SEL] Outage and Portland

Mike Royster mr at carolina.rr.com
Sun Aug 28 10:29:24 PDT 2005

Yes, I agree.  It is always a problem keeping Arnie in line at the auction,
so that is why Steve and I were "assigned" to his table in order to keep him
in check.  Knowing his fondness for all things British, Peter and Rita
assisted in restraining his as well.  We did well til Arnie consumed his 8th
Negro Modolo malt beverage.  Then he stood up and sang "My Way" like Sinatra
on a bad day.  The good news is more money was raised for charity by bidding
on how much it would take to hush him up!

  Portland was great as always and we had a great time.  Plus, it did not
rain!!!!!!  Thanks to so many behind the scenes workers that make it a good
time for all.  Can't say I liked how all the engines were scattered about
but hopefully the Portland folks will tweak it for next year.  Picture to
follow.

Mike Royster