[SEL] O.T. Gluing a Timing Belt

MBellar at aol.com MBellar at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 13:22:33 PDT 2005

Paul;
I purchased an O-ring splicing kit awhile back in order to make an  O-ring
replacement for a piston ring on a Waterloo engine. Super glue is  supplied with
the kit and I can testify that once it sets the joint is secure. I  had to
super stretch the O-ring to reduce the OD of my home made O-ring to get  it to
fit in the piston groove and allow the piston to tightly slip into  the
cylinder. After about six tries everything went together well  resulting in great
engine compression. I have about three hours  of running time on the engine and
it is still holding up. They supply  a jig to align the two ends of the O-ring
because you only get one chance at  joining them before the glue sets. I would
guess that you could do the same  with your belt.

Tom Bellar