[SEL] O.T. Gluing a Timing Belt

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Aug 27 05:14:35 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Maples" <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Stationary Engine List" <SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 10:43 PM
Subject: [SEL] O.T. Gluing a Timing Belt

Can you cut a timing belt into and then use super glue to glue it back
together? I need to make some small belts to use for a model conveyor I
am making and I want to use a timing belt inverted for the conveyor belt
but will need to be able to cut it to size and then put it back
together. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Paul,
 You should be able to cut it using a long half lap style joint and glue
it together with good rubber cement. The hard part will be getting the
half lap areas skived down evenly.