[SEL] Can you save these big Rustons?

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Mon Aug 22 02:33:43 PDT 2005

http://www.steamengine.com.au/misc/sale/ruston/index.html

Two Ruston engines seeking new home
Save one or both of these engines from scrap! Are you a member of a club
with a decent amount of space and resources to move these engines? Or
maybe an individual who could do it? Then SAVE them!! Contact Peter
Ganza pganza at hillgrove.straits.com.au for more information. The two are
located at Hillgrove mine site near Armidale NSW and were put in to
supply power to one of the undergrounds before mains power was
connected. They actually never performed that duty as mains arrived soon
after installing these (so I've been told). They have always been under
cover and with a little work will run (again so I've been told by some
of the older fellows on site). Have attached some photos (sorry about
the blurry one). If you know of any interested persons, please let me
know and we can organise a viewing. My contact number is 02 6778 1154.

Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia
www.steamengine.com.au