[SEL] On and OT. Tangye engine and Austin car logo -Sorry!

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Aug 17 14:54:37 PDT 2005

Hi all
	Sorry about this off topic - but I have not fathomed the Off Topic list
thing out yet. Please reply off list.

This will probably be for the Brits or Aussies.

	We are having our clubs annual show in 2 weeks - Our club covers  Cars,
Tractors, Engines, agricultural equipment and steam.
	The car guys have just come to me and asked me to make them a banner with
the "Austin" name on it in the original script as well as the "wings" logo.
Amazingly enough they cannot give me a good copy of either. I've spent
about 2 hours on the net looking at car clubs and such but cannot find
anything decent to copy. It preferably needs to be a "straight on" picture
of reasonable size and definition.

	Any help will be much appreciated. I'm leaving here at 4.00am tomorrow to
travel about 800 miles to the Cape Province with some of these car guys to
collect some cars that they have bought. I will only get back late on
Sunday or maybe only Monday so may not get any replies from you guys until
then. I will reply to all then.

 The reason I am going with is that I know of a very big "Wood gas
producer" Tangye engine on an uncles farm near where they are going and
would like to photograph it. It is too derelict and big for me to consider
as a restoration project but I plan on photographing it and putting it up
on my webpage. This engine dates back to the early 1900's and was shipped
to Port Elizabeth and moved inland by ox wagon. I have known about it for a
number of years but not had the chance to get down there - hence the lift
with the car guys is handy.

TO ALL YOU LUCKY BUGGERS GOING TO PORTLAND - HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Best wishes
Jerry Evans in South Africa
---