[SEL] Snow pics (OT)

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Aug 8 20:40:13 PDT 2005

Curt, it still snows in northern Michigan.  I think our average for
Gaylord, MI was something between 180" to 220" per year.  On weekend in
1998 or 1999 or so, Sault Ste. Marie, Mi got five feet of snow one
weekend.  The side walks were canyons.
Gary

Arnie Fero wrote:
> Hi Curt,
>
> Yep, it still snows out west.
>
> http://www.micmacmedia.com/Weather/Sierra_Snowfall/sierra_snowfall.html
> The winters of 1982 and 1983 had snowfalls in the 700" to 800" range.
> The annual average (1878 - 2000) is 415" (34.6 feet!).
> The record snowfall was the winter of 1906 with 884 inches (73.7 feet).
>
> The reason that it seems that the snow isn't as deep as you recall as a
> child is that your knees are further from the ground now.  8-))
>
> See ya,  Arnie
>
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Curt wrote:
>

>>Goodness! I see the build date was 1883. Does it snow like this anyplace
>>in the US anymore? NC sure doesn't get the snows I recall as a child
>>anymore.
>>
>>Arnie Fero wrote:
>>
>>>Pshaw Curt, that ain't big.  For BIG you want the steam-powered rotary
>>>snowplows designed to clear the rail lines through the mountain passes in
>>>the Rockies.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_snowplow

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.