[SEL] Firing a Kiln

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 13:08:40 PDT 2005

Hi Rick.m I built a small furnace for casting aluminum and I used a small vacuum cleaner as air supply. It is one of those that you carry around on a strap over your shoulder. But I added a 1" ball valve so I could adjust the air flow.  Propane, Your on a different page than I. I use charcoal as fuel.
Ron

Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:
G'day all;
Well I would up with a small kiln the other day....very similiar to
Keith's:

http://www.herculesengines.com/Foundry/Foundry%20Images/2002_0619_185133AA.jpg

The only piping coming out goes into a "T" fitting. Question is, How
much air and propane does one use? i.e. pressures. I'll be drawing off my
500 gallon propane tank once I know what flavor of regulator to use and the
required pressure/volume.

Thinking of using a heat gun for air...possibly too small of volume.

Appreciate any advise!

RickinMt.

PS: Will start with AL and hopefully graduate to brass.

Ron Frost
Kersey, PA
 http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0

  http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846

" Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "