[SEL] Show pics

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 7 17:23:13 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Limon Heritage Days is a one day local event in Eastern Colorado. Our
club is invited to show there each year. Free lunch for showing, and a
free motel if need be. I made the trek out east again on Saturday.
Looked much the same as the week before as I traveled to and from
another show. I arrived about noon, and it's a small event compared to
Bird City the week before. There were no folks at the small display of
engines, but it was time for lunch.

I wandered down to the lunch line cause I was ready for some food. Six
bucks bought a fine feed of barbeque beef sandwich with beans, slaw,
watermelon, and ice tea. I had my club cap on and it brought up
conversation as I ate. Seems the two couples sitting next and across
from me attended because they saw the info on the web site. Had a nice
chat and I think two new members. One for sure as he collects stationary
engines and wants to show them.

I finished my lunch and headed back to the engine area. I found a few
club members there and we had a nice chat. Laugh, flame me, or joke all
you want. There were five engines, and one model at the show and
tractors in another area. It was a great time for me. One member asked
why I didn't bring anything, and I told him all I had was the Maytag
right now. Robert looked up and smiled and said "I didn't know Maytag
made engines". Hoppy looked over and told me to ignore him and bring
whatever I have next year. We all had a good laugh, and I will be there
next year to show. Nice little one day easy trip event.

There is a fine railroad museum and the Limon Heritage Museum on the
grounds and I spent a lot of time taking those in. Snapped up a lot of
pictures for such a small show, and they are now online if you care to
look. The Emerson Brandingham engine is worth a look, as is the 1/4
scale Rider Ericsson Hot Air Pumping Engine. Tractors, farm equipment,
and other stuff if you care to look.

http://frapa.us/Limon05/Limon05.html

Enjoy! I know I did

Jeff Allen
P.S. If the sixth tractor picture comes up wrong let me know. 45 minutes
of work and that damn 52 McCormick still don't show right for me. It
seems to want to be a Farmall so I'll just remove it.