[SEL] All's well that ends well

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 4 15:16:20 PDT 2005

Hi all,

The "club bullshit" topic brought a lot of comments and again I thank
all of you. This is a follow up on the topic as I believe all of you
deserve to know.

I received an e-mail from the VP today. He checked with our insurance
agent and cleared up many items. The show I mentioned will go on with
club authorization and liability coverage. The board will take up the
issue of what shows will be authorized and try to set policy on the
issue. I don't think the issue has been addressed before. The board
meetings are open to all members, and I have attended as a spectator in
the past. As a new member I felt I should stay in the background for a
time.

I will put pen to pad and write out my thoughts, ideas, and suggestions
regarding members putting shows together. I will present them to the
board for discussion. Compromise is part of policy and I am well aware
of that.

I look forward to helping the club improve and quite happy that one of
my complaints will be addressed. The show will go on and I will attend.
I'll get to meet members from the eastern part of the state, and make
new contacts. Life is good.

Jeff Allen
Arvada, Colorado
Enjoying the cool weather and the much needed soaking rain.