[SEL] OT: but kinda cool... my site is being archived by the National Library of Australia

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Thu Aug 4 04:58:36 PDT 2005

Most of us who make our own web sites do so generally to massage our own
egos while trying to provide a good information source to the wider
community - I'm no different - I've really enjoyed the last 10 years of
creating and maintaining content for www.steamengine.com.au

Today I found out the answer to the thought that had sometimes run
through my mind... what will happen to my site when I'm gone, or if my
arrangements with its generous server provider Paul Evans fall through
one day... The National Library of Australia has approached me and
advised that they want to archive my site as part of project Pandora
where they are storing sites significant to Australian history and
culture to make them available to future generations and they wanted my
permission to do it - I've given them the go ahead although having my
site there does dumbfound me a bit (only a bit, I found plenty of words
to put in this message sitting here with a stupid grin on my face :).

Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia
www.steamengine.com.au