[SEL] Portland , IN 2005

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Wed Aug 3 09:06:09 PDT 2005

> You NEED to do Portland.  For an engine man (or woman) Portland is the
> equivalent of a Muslim's visit to Mecca.

Hi Arnie,
While I've never been to Mecca, I envision it being a little different than a
pilgrimage to Portland.

For one, stampeding hordes have never trampled pilgrims at Portland.  Although
last year a trailerload of nice engines pulled in and a fat guy on a butt buggy
got so excited he nearly ran me over.

Secondly, you can consume hopped malt beverages at Portland without risking
getting your mug-grasping-hand cut off.

Thirdly, the Tri-State club has no rules against doing the "unskinny bop."

And lastly, to enter the showgrounds it is not mandatory that you wrap yourself
up in a white linen skirt and sash.    However, there is a rumor about a gun
weilding philosopher with a cute bum who made a bold fashion statement with
poolside attire consisting of a white terrycloth nappy.  It has thus for proven
impossible to corraborate this report with first hand witnesses.  Some say
they've been traumatized and are suffering from Repressed Memory Syndrome.
Others claim that this story is just another urban myth.

Rob

P.S.
20 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes and 31 seconds