[SEL] Testimony on Ignitor Points

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Aug 1 13:42:39 PDT 2005

While I'm not trying to promote a specific product or person selling
items, I thought I would share some info with fellow list members about
ignitor point material.  I ran an ad on Harry's about a month or so ago
seeking high quality ignitor point material.  I had a decent stash of
the high grade  stuff over the years (which I got at the old Hagan
Factory purchase) but it has eventually dwindled due to building several
ignitors and I've given quite a bit of it away to others who needed it.
I got several suggestions and responses on where to find replacement
points. Bill Lopoulos sent me an email that he had "Meteor Metal" which
was the same basic metal makeup of the old original ignitor point
material.  I got some from him and silver soldered 3/16" think wafers on
to the original contacts.  I was having to remove the ignitor and clean
points about every 45 minutes before.  I've ran the engine probably 4
hours with the Meteor Metal points and it hasn't missed a lick.  Great
stuff!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY