[SEL] Making a spring

David Everett deverett2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 04:50:07 PDT 2005

Depending on size of lathe to be used, a piece of BMS about 1/2" square and say 6" long.  Drill
hole for wire about 3/4" from one end.  Use slitting saw to cut on same axis as hole from the end
of bar into hole.  Slit should be narrower than hole so that wire remains in hole and cannot slide
into slit.  Before slitting, drill crosswise for a clamping screw in the slit so that tension on
the wire feed can be adjusted by tightening the clamp screw as required to keep the feed tight.

Regards

Dave
Saudi-Arabia-On-Sea