[SEL] Tulare - Another view

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 16:47:07 PDT 2005

Hi Larry,

I can just imagine the looks you got taking those pictures.  It is a good supply of idea for our
group though.
Thank you!!

What is he pounding the stakes into on this photo?
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/stakes/stake01t.jpg

I like the hookup best in this photo, but for cost I would use rerod.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/stakes/stake05t.jpg

Like this guy did,,
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/stakes/stake12t.jpg

At our local show,, Buckley, Michigan, the club puts up a single rope.  I cut the rope and tie an
end to one of my canopy poles and the other end to a post to make an entry area.  Last year for
the first time I saw the guy in charge of the engine area (John) walking around and putting ropes
back up.   He didn't say anything to me about my opening and when a guy told him he had his rope
down so he could come and go without stepping over it John went and got another stake and made him
an opening like mine. 8>))

At the meeting before the show they said the insurance guy would be walking around during the
show.  I guess that is why John wanted the ropes to stay up.

I didn't really like the ropes at all until two years ago I had a kid that just wouldn't listen
trying play with a running engine.  He wouldn't mind his parents even.  I had to take the kid in
hand myself and walk him back through the gate.  This kid was about 12-13 years old, but acting
more like a 6 year old on way too much sugar.

Alan Bowen

--- Larry Evans <lfevans at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hi......
>
> Knowing that Peter was walking around taking hundreds of his excellent
> pictures of all the cool engines and trucks I decided to concentrate on
> something a little different this year.  I did get a few strange looks as I
> took the pictures but you might find them of at least a little
> interest.  Since there was discussion a while back regarding area fencing
> at shows I took a few pictures of several different types of fence stakes,
> rope fastening methods, etc.  Some of them are actually quite clever.

Take a look at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/stakes/

Regards,
Larry Evans