[SEL] Caution Using Ether OT

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 17:00:26 PDT 2005

Hey John,
That is what Premiun Diesel is for.
Run it in the cold weather.
I have been told there is something in the Premiun Diesel that keeps it from getting so stiff in
the cold.

My Dodge D250 with the Cummins Diesel has one of those stickers too.  I wouldn't ever shoot an
engine up that has glow plugs.  My old Ford 3500 Industrial tractor has a three cylinder diesel
without the glow plugs.  If I plug in the block heater about three hours before I want to start it
up I don't have to hit it with ether. Unless of course it is very cold then I need both the block
heater and the ether.   I have fired it up at -10 F that way.

Alan Bowen