[SEL] Driver licensing

Charles R Bryant mogul460 at localnet.com
Sat Apr 23 11:13:49 PDT 2005

When I was re-located to Switzerland in the late 70's I obtained a Swiss
Drivers license
without taking a test. The Drivers License did not have any expiration date
on it.
On a vacation trip to the U.S.A. I  rented an auto at the airport and took
off down the
highway at 90 mph like I was used to driving on the autobahn in Germany. It
wasn't
too far down the highway that I got caught in a airplane type of speed trap.
I handed the
officer my Swiss Drivers license. He gave me a ticket with a court date  and
said I
could call and find out the cost of the fine and mail it in. Well I did call
and found out the
cost of the fine was $95. I never did get around to mailing it in or
appearing in court
(But the next time I got stopped a couple of years later I used my U.S.A.
license).