[SEL] Was Tulare Pictures, Now Engine Pictures

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:35:20 PDT 2005

On 4/21/05, Joseph L Betz <jlb94 at juno.com> wrote:

> The result will be more light on the image or less. I normally shoot
> using spot metering.
> = = = = = =
> Spot metering ? I don't mean to sound ignorant - but -
> Most of my pictures are shot by the "point & shot" method.
> Then - Hope for the best.
>
> Thanks Gary
>
> Joe "Pip" Betz

Joe:
 Spot metering is where the camera exposure system looks at only a small
part of the picture area to determine the exposure, rather than the whole
area that you can see when pointing the camera.
 It allows you to adjust for backlit items where the overall picture would
be overexposed by the average light level.
 Most cameras also allow you to take an exposure reading off a surface or
area and hold it while taking the picture.
 All of our Mavica cameras have spot metering and exposure hold, it is a
useful feature and common on most cameras.
 Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com