[SEL] Re: Pinned Rings - Problems or Not? now back to nutz

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Apr 20 12:51:19 PDT 2005

Luke,
I did see it.
Again the reason I turned the rounded corners toward the cart parts (no
lockwashers) was to help save all the pretty paint on this sawrig.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/6Hercules/Thumbnails.html

You wouldn't believe all the friendly ribbing I've taken over the last
year for my suggestion that this might have been the proper installation
direction. At the very least, lots of folks have started looking at old
iron as they take it apart for restoration. You'd be surprised at the
number of folks that have said that on their piece of old iron the nuts
were installed with the rounded edge toward the surface being clamped.

As this past thread and the current thread on pinned rings shows, there
are still lots of mysteries in our old hobby to ponder.
Curt