[SEL] Re: Pinned Rings - Problems or Not?

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Apr 19 11:26:20 PDT 2005

Hi Curt,

Sorry to burst your bubble bro.  I don't think the angled ends were
anything like universal on pinned rings.  The Robertsonville shows that
configuration, but the Bessemer has a semi-circular notch in the ends of
what are otherwise butt-end rings.  According to Craig that's the normal
configuration.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - one of the great tragedies of life is the murder of a beautiful
     theory by a gang of brutal facts.  8-))

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com