[SEL] Silver Soldering Failure

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:47:48 PDT 2005

Hi Dave,

When I was searching for info on how to silver solder I came across that
site.   The job (crankshaft parts) was pretty much ruined. After attempting
to solder it a few times I took everything apart, cleaned everything up
again really good, and tried soldering it again. Still couldn't get it. It
looked like hell. That's why I was so mad. Took a nice looking crankshaft
and totally wrecked it.  The next day is when I decided I have nothing to
lose at this point and just welded it. Welding I can do, but silver solder
is not on my list of skills :-)

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA