[SEL] Shed Invasions

Mark Kennedy flywheel at netconnect.com.au
Sun Apr 17 05:01:25 PDT 2005

I am happy to report that local thieves do not apparently value old iron as
we were the unfortunate victims of a break in to our newly built shed at
our house under construction,

They must have been pros as 2 sheets of iron were unscrewed at the rear of
the shed which was not in clear view. They had a good look around, opened
but passed up on 3 old grease covered socket sets, tried to unsuccessfully
jimmy open a locked empty tool cupboard. On the plus side there wasn't any
damage. On the minus side a new and full roll of MIG wire was taken.

The shed is stacked with all my engines and other gear which was apparently
of no interest. Seems they were after a quick cash turnover looking for
tools etc with no serial numbers and that it must be too heavy / hard to
off load tonnes of cast iron at the pub or local Trash 'n' Treasure. To my
very good fortune!

Anyway, so it has been a weekend of bolting the iron sheets down and
beefing up the locks. Here's hoping there are no return visits.

So the lesson is - Be prepared, it will happen to you one day and probably
when you least expect it!

Regards,

Mark

Mark Kennedy
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Registrar for the WING Gauge & Instrument Co.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/kennedy

'Training Down Under with the majesty of the South Australian Railways'

Important - This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss,
damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files
our liability is limited to resupplying any effected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender.