[SEL] Bessemer EUREKA!!

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Apr 16 17:45:42 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

Craig Prucha has finished boring the cylinder on my Bessemer half-breed and the
piston is off being flame-sprayed.

When he was cleaning up the back flange of the cylinder he ran across a number
of stampings.  "F" in 2 areas and then an "OK" in another.

AND a four digit number; 9537 that I'll wager is the S/N of the Bessemer
cylinder!!  The S/N of the Farrer & Trefts steam bed is stamped in the top edge
of the flange where the cylinder mounts.  That number is 6463.

Have any of you Bessemer half-breed folks had your cylinder off?  Do you have a
S/N stamped on the flange face?  If so, what range of S/Ns do we have?

Does anyone have a clue as to when #9537 might have been built?  Left to my own
devices, I'll take the production data from some of their adverts and the
original patent date and assume linear production.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - What is the email or web address to order OFES T-shirts?

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com