[SEL] Portland - Gas Prices

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:34:34 PDT 2005

On 4/16/05, Ivan Cousins <ivancou at alltel.net> wrote:
> Hauling the camper to Portland won't be cheap, but we're going to do it this
> year .This is supposed to be the 40 anniversary if I got it right so I hope
> its a big year .  Next year ?
> But its starting to affect how much running around we do otherwise .  And
> we are lucky compared to the people across the pond . We haven't been over
> for a few years but I still remember the cost from last trip . Ivan

Remember that although we have probably the most expensive fuel, we
also have the most fuel-efficient engines as a consequence. Our latest
van will do over 33mpg if you are not racing up the freeway, and even
towing a full load it will return 25mpg (UK gallons) if treated well
from 2.5 litres engine capacity, 140hp.

I looked at consumption figures for the US SUV's and even they are
starting to climb the mpg ladder, and hopefully the cost of fuel will
not hurt so much.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes