[SEL] Please critique

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:24:49 PDT 2005

On 4/16/05, Jeff Allen <transteck at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well said Arnie,
>
> With my limited space and budget, I am looking at a small lathe/mill
> combo. Still can't get a bit of feedback on them on the list BTW.

Jeff:

Go to one of the newsgroups that deal with this sort of thing regularly:

uk.rec.models.engineering
rec.crafts.metalworking

> The thread on shop equipment a while back shows that some on the list
> have some great machine shops and I for one envy them. It is not in my
> future though. For the hacks like me the stuff you show is great. It
> does belong in GEM. One more vote to contact them. Great stuff Curt.
>
> Jeff Allen

The stuff that Curt put up was very interesting for a lot of us, and
don't forget, not all of us are regular machinists, even if we do have
largish workshops :-))

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes