[SEL] Ultimate sinkin' feeling

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Apr 8 14:58:42 PDT 2005

A lot of the responses you've received almost implied that you
were some kind of stooge for doing something as loony as throwing a belt
onto a
running engine.
=        =        =        =        =        =
I have no problem with throwing a flat belt on a running engine.
As long as you're about your wits when you do it.
And - God Bless you if you do it with a "V" belt pulley.

Know which way the darn thing is turning and realize that when it grabs,
your hands & such better be out of the way.

The problem here, as I see it, is when the flat belt got caught between
the flat pulley
and the "V" belt pulley.
Not having enough space to lay idle, it spun and wrapped itself around
the shaft.
Had that "V" belt pulley not been there - This would've never happened.
Just my 2 cents.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
,-._,-.         "Taxes could be worse - suppose
\/)"(\/        we had to pay on what we thing we're worth."
(_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz