[SEL] Ultimate sinkin' feeling

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Fri Apr 8 10:16:43 PDT 2005

Hey Rick,
Buck up, mate.  A lot of the responses you've received almost implied that you
were some kind of stooge for doing something as loony as throwing a belt onto a
running engine.  Well lemme tell ya, whether anyone will admit it or not, there
are quite a few of us who have also thrown belts onto running engines.  And
there's plenty of us who have started off with a perfectly good original part
and turned it into a jumble of bits.  And let's not even get started on cuts,
bruises, lacerations, antibiotics, stitches, and standing in the driveway
wearing only your underwear.  So while you may not be in GOOD company, you're
not alone.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,
Rob

P.S.
Rick Rowlands did some bits for me about a month ago.  I don't know anything
technical about casting, but the parts are now on the engine, and even I'd be
hard pressed to tell which ones are the originals and which are the copies.