[SEL] Ultimate sinkin' feeling

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 05:16:30 PDT 2005

Rick,

Sure glad you didn't get hurt! That is the most important part. Did the
piston come into contact with the head?  Are any of the teeth busted off of
the gears?  Did the saw arbor get bent up? I have a 5hp round rod and if you
need to borrow any parts to have them made up then let me know. I'll do what
I can to help out. That bent rod will probably be hung on the shop wall.

I hate to admit it but last year I had my 6hp Novo belted up to a big
blower. One time I 'threw' on the belt which was a v-belt. It went over the
pulley grooves and ended up between the pulley and flywheel. It caught and
started to wind up, luckily the v-belt just snapped. I quick shut down the
engine and untangled the v-belt.

With the show season just starting up in the US we need to think twice
before running our stuff and make sure all is safe.  As comfortable as you
might be around your engines they can still bite you.

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA