[SEL] SEL ethics

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Fri Apr 8 04:39:36 PDT 2005

I would appreciate any comments on the following.....

I recently posted my thoughts on club badges,in particular those adopted by
my club.These were my  personal opinions and i sought comments by other SEL
members. It seems that someone on the list took these comments and gave them
to a non subscriber who in turn used them to make a personal attack on me at
a club meeting. I was not present at the meeting as i live 400km away and
only attend occasional meetings.I could not defend myself and the attacker
did not have the intestinal fortitude to advise me of his comments. A friend
and fellow club member  relayed them to me.
It does not concern me at all that there is disagreement in my comments , i
have made them known to the club at a previous meeting and in a letter to
our club news letter. So it is nothing new.
What does concern me is is that my comments on SEL which by the way did not
mention names has been used in this way. We are not bound by any secrecy act
but i would have thought common decency would have prevailed. What went on
the SEL was between me and fellow SEL members ,i gave my thoughts and sought
those of others. It should not have been passed to a non list person and
used against me in this way at a club meeting.
One thing that i have retained here is my opinion,that has not changed. What
i would like is the person who passed this on to contact me off list and we
will discuss it.
Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany
West Australia