[SEL] Famous/Osborn questions

Harry Terpstra h.terpstra at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 7 12:29:55 PDT 2005

Mike,
I don't know the exact story about the Osborne engine, and I'm sure John
Hammink know MUCH more about it.
I think they were some manufactor of agricultural machinery and they were a
IHC dealers.
I have a 4hp vertical IHC Nonpareil, and I think it might be an Osborne too.
http://home01.wxs.nl/~terps027/nonpareil.htm
There were some traces of dark blue paint on the engine block under the
bearings.
As you can see in the photo's there is very little paint left;-)

There are some very nice old pictures on your link Rick!!
thanks

Harry Terpstra
Sint Annaparochie
Netherlands