[SEL] Monitor

Jim and Diane jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Wed Apr 6 19:29:14 PDT 2005

Hi SEL,

I got the Monitor running today that I picked up at Portland last year.  It
has gone through a complete overhaul and rebuild and now looks presentable.
I lost track of where the needle valve was set and find that the it has to
be opened about 1/16 of a turn, very tiny amount of turn from over rich to
over lean.  I wonder if this is a case of one size fits all.  Barely open
for a small engine and much father for a bigger engine.  Anybody have any
feelings on this?

PS.  The needle does have a sharp point on it and the metering hole does not
appear to have been enlarged.

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, CA