[SEL] Parking lot shows

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 14:35:41 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/4/2005 10:46:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
garyepps at fidnet.com writes:

<< what is a "snow chain monkey link >>

Gary

A tire snow chain repair link is what I always heard referred to as a "monkey
link".  The repair link is twisted partially open so you can slip two ends of
a broken chain in it and close it up to make the repair.  Being partially
open allows you to easily slip a small rope in it when it is welded on the end of
the rod.  Keeps you from having to thread the rope thru a bunch of holes.  I
can take a picture of one if you are interested.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com