[SEL] Austral tool box

Jack Watson nadejack at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 4 19:56:33 PDT 2005

Arnie Fero wrote:

>Dwight,
>
>With that nice layer of dry Aussie dirt I think you want to use a funnel
>web spider rather than the red back.  Equally venomous, but it would be
>happier in the dirt.
>
>http://www.amonline.net.au/spiders/dangerous/funnelweb/
>http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/funnelweb.htm
>http://www.avru.unimelb.edu.au/avruweb/Fws.htm
>
>See ya,  Arnie

Whenever I hear reference to the funnel-web spider, I chuckle in rememberance of a spoonerism widely broadcast over the National radio in Oz where the
female news-reader reported that a woman was "bitten on the funnel by a finger-web spider."

I'll bet her toes curled up in embarassment when she realised what she'd said!

(Funnel? So this IS on-topic?)

Jack in Oz