[SEL] IHC Hot Tube Ignition

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Apr 4 12:57:28 PDT 2005

Dave,

    I wasn't sure of the date ('12, '14, etc) but knew at some point,
the hot tube boss no longer appeared on some engines (I've got a 6 HP
with it and one without it).  I'm not sure if it was universal however.
I know that it "disappeared" on the 4 and 6 HP's.  I'm not sure if it
did on the larger sizes like your 15 though.  It may have been a matter
of production.  Since many more 4, 6, and 8 HP's were made, possibly the
new patterns needed as the old ones wore out resulted in the omission of
the boss.  The 15 may have used the same pattern from beginning to end
due to the fewer number of them that was made.  Again, we need some of
our IHC folks to weigh in on this one.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY