[SEL] Small wheeled carts

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Mon Apr 4 09:18:28 PDT 2005

Cam,

First of all, thanks for posting the Cranky Handle 2005 pictures.

While looking at your pictures this one kind of caught my attention:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=3009469&a=31708604&p=7143298
1

The thing that caught my eye was all the engines in these picture are on
some form of cart with small wheels.

Factory made carts or engine trucks normally have much larger wheels.
So why is it that so many people make these small wheeled carts?

I would think the small wheels would make the engines harder to move in
uneven ground or grass conditions.

On the other hand, they have a much lower center of gravity and are
probably more stable than the factory carts.  Plus they take up less
space and would be cheaper to make as well.

George