[SEL] IHC question - OT - not engine

Vivas1993 at aol.com Vivas1993 at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 08:53:19 PDT 2005

 A couple of weeks ago I was roaming around my great aunts small farm, just
passed away about a year ago. The land is already up for sale, and developers
want to put up quite a few houses.
 I found an old IHC chest type freezer, it has a nice chrome plated handle
with the IHC logo. I'm almost positive it doesn't work, but it's in pretty good
shape otherwise.
 Is this something worth saving, or should I let the junk man haul it away. I
doubt that there are very many still around, this one was probably built
between 1947 & 1955.
 There'a a picture of one in Wendel's 150 Years of IHC, on page 246 - right
hand side.
  PS  - I did inherit a nice 1963 Farmall 140, & all of the old tools, nuts &
bolts, & other goodies I could haul home. The tractor will be great for
moving those portable engines :-)
 Thanks,
 Dwight Vivas
 Matoaca, VA.