[SEL] Barn Fresh Fairbanks

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Apr 4 06:24:59 PDT 2005

As far as I know, the Type T engines were never "only" hot tube.  I
think you are right that it was a transitional thing.  Many of the early
engine builders used the hot tube and it was accepted as the primary
ignition system for a few years.  When the electric ignition came into
play, there was some resistance and continuing the hot tube eased fears
of the purchaser.  I would guess there was probably a window of 8 to 10
years involved in this transition period.  I know the IHC engines had
both hot tube and ignitors for about 4 years and then they were ignitor
only as they removed the hot tube casting area on the top of the cylinder.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY