[SEL] Parking lot shows

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Sun Apr 3 11:37:28 PDT 2005

> That was one of the things I was thinking about parking lot shows.
> Since most of the spectators know nothing about the engines
> they will be impressed with anything running.

Hi George,
I just finished the pictures for the club's web page.  You can see them at
http://wapa.us/shows/highland05

Apparently the best part of "community" engine shows has gone right over your
head.  You'll slap yourself for not thinking of it.  And Kathy will slap you
upside the head after you do think of it.

First, visualize the average engine show... engines, putrid odor of stale fuel,
disheveled engine guys wandering around belching.. dust, grime, filth.

Now I'll explain the way we do it in California.  Soothing aroma of potpourri
wafting from the incense booth, tasty pie and cookies from the Girl Scouts' bake
sale, flowers blooming on a pleasant spring day, laughter of children eating
cotton candy, balloons floating on a gentle breeze.  The whole spirit of the
experience has been captured in a photograph that I've titled "Balloons."
http://wapa.us/shows/highland05/balloons.jpg

Enjoy!
Rob