[SEL] Wagga Wagga Rally

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 3 05:00:33 PDT 2005

I am home from a little 1200km weekend trip to attend the first rally held
by the Wagga Wagga club.
The rally was held in an excellent location on nice thick turf which is a
nice change (given the drought). There was a nice line up of engines with
everything from the Wagga club's giant lamp-start Robson, to a nice
selection of IHC engines, a number of different Australs and lots of nice
English, American and Australian engines.
The rally was well organised and the club members were friendly and helpful
and everyone had a great weekend. I caught up with quite a few engine
friends and many lies were told ;)
I took along my 5.5hp Buzacott and it performed flawlessly all weekend only
stopping when intentionally shut down or when it eventually ran out of fuel.
While down that way I dug my 4.5hp Massey-Harris out of my father's shed to
finally bring it home. It had been stored for four years and started first
pull!
Yesterday it was 30c on the rally ground (it is autumn here) and today was
almost as hot. A strong westerly today caused enormous dust clouds (a
symptom of the drought) making it very hard to see on the roads and making a
fine mess of my car and of the engines. The drive home was not fun :(
I will have some pics up on my site later in the week but for now here is
one for Reg:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/wagga05/05040302.jpg

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW