[SEL] Auction in Lawrence KS

Tim Christoff tchristoff at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 2 20:16:48 PST 2005

The Bauer sold for $5300.  I was standing next to Wayne Walker when it
sold.  He told me that he really wanted it to bring at least $5000 and was
happy when it did.  Just about all the engines were pretty much in need of
a lot of work in order to get them to run, most needed unstuck and parts
and more parts.  Seems that they went for more than they should have but
that is only my opinion.  The items that were sold on Friday were the line
shaft parts and line shaft machines.  This stuff was pretty much junk as
none of them were complete and were all rusty.  The best stuff he had was
not for sale and or already moved to his new place.  The 8 hp NB Fairbanks
was about the most cobled up peice I seen there along with the wrong
flywheels but still sold for about $3500.

sold today the other two days were tools and such.  The Stickney Jr sold
for $9200.  The Bauer sold for $4300.  The gentleman sure made a lot of
$$$$$ from his collection.  One oiler sold for $600!!  There were many
others selling from $120-$200.  The were a lot of Webster mags that sold
for around $175.  This guy had a huge collection of engines, but didn't
seem to care about making any of them run. Of the entire lot, I think there
were only 2 that were in running condition.