[SEL] Pony Start

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Fri Apr 1 18:30:45 PST 2005

At 07:45 PM 4/1/2005, you wrote:
>     I am in the process of building a pony motor start
>mechanism - friction drive to the flywheel - for my 25hp
>Superior type-C oil engine. My question is, " What
>should the starting flywheel speed be?" I am thinking
>about 70 rpm.
>     Other suggestions are also welcome.
>Bob Willman

Hi Bob,
         Why on earth do you need a "pony motor" to start this engine. If
things are set up properly you should be able to start it by yourself with
little or no problem. If things are not set up properly why not see that
they are? I guarantee you the man who used it on an oil lease started it by
himself.
         Dave