[SEL] Gib Key Drilling Simpliefied

Tommy Berry tberry6 at carolina.rr.com
Fri Apr 1 17:30:49 PST 2005

The way I have used in my shop is to purchase a 8-12 inch drill bit the same
diameter as the width of the Key.place the drill in the keyway and secure
with two worm gear hose clamps installed snug but not tight. Attach drill
motor ,oil clamps anddrill away . Besure to buy an aircraft drill because
they only have about 2-3 inches of flute even on a 12" drill . Because of
the short flute the drill will stay in the keyway groove  and not damage the
shaft or flywheel. Happy drilling.Tommy Berry