[SEL] O.T. Ford 2000 Expedition want Start

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Thu Sep 30 20:46:01 PDT 2004

Hi Paul,

It is my understanding that Ford Motor Co. was required by the Feds to use
a, for lack of a better term, kill switch on its products as a result of the
Pinto accidents which resulted in loss of life due to the vehicles catching
fire.  I do not know if they are still required or not.  I also do not know
if they are electrical interrupters or fuel shut offs.  I suspect that one
of our resident mechanics on the list might know something definitive here.
Good luck finding the problem.

Gary