[SEL] Northwest Indiana Show

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 28 13:52:21 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Royster" <steve_royster at hotmail.com>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Northwest Indiana Show

> Hi Fred,  Several groups that I am involved with are looking at ways to cut
> costs and meet expenses. One Idea that we are kicking around is to obtain a
> sponsor or sponsors to donate funds in exchange for their name being on the
> tickets, banners and other show promo items. Maybe there is a large
> equipment dealer or company in your area that you could talk with and
> explain the benefits to both of you. Good luck , Steve Royster

Hi Steve, nearly 20 years ago when a group of us started Englands biggest
Engine rally with almost no funds.
As the show got larger in later years we were looking for funds. I arranged
with a large local engineering tools firm to let him erect a large tent near the arena.
He was allowed to give free entry passes to his potential customers & he gave them
drinks & food in the tent. His top sales staff also attended.8^)
For two years he paid well for the privilege & the people who got the free passes were
not our usual visitors.
Why not see if it works over there?
Dave Croft.