[SEL] O.T. 214 John Deere

Duncan Denman canuckiron at wightman.ca
Sun Sep 19 17:22:44 PDT 2004

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine gave me a John Deere 214 riding mower/tractor because
he bought a new and bigger unit. Works great except when it has no load,
it will run under full throttle but when I am cutting grass, it will
start to cough if it gets too much gas forcing me to throttle back. Plug
is not fouling and the engine was rebuilt about three years ago. Any
thought/suggestions? I was thinking about the condensor or points or
maybe a carb adjustment. Didn't happen untill it was about half way
through the lawn or about 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Duncan

--
Duncan and Sandy Denman
Ayton, Ontario, Canada
Mailto:canuckiron at wightman.ca
Visit our Home Page at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/carrotpatch/
Home of the Massey Harris Stationary Engine Registry